Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Q"OD: If the fans don't wanna come out to the ballpark,

no one can stop 'em ~Yogi Berra.
Sunday is the Super Bowl, amazingly the Giants are playing Green Bay.They haven't won a Championship since 1986. (an amazing year-the
Mets won the World Series and I got married) I haven't really cared about football since. Steve isn't a fan and and we only surf the Super Bowl most years but I may actually be moved to watch the damn thing this time. I am, after all a devoted New Yorker (and borderline-chauvinistic Brooklynite) and even though they play in New Jersey I must represent, ya know? But I will also watch in memory and support of all those Sundays without end watching football and all the men I did it with, the two Shellys: Cousin Shelly, who died and Big Shelly, who moved to Florida, various and sundry boyfriends. And also Barbara who if she read this blog, would be mad if I didn't mention her. So yeah: GO BLUE!
It would be so much more interesting if they were playing in Green Bay.
I'm kind of stunned that Edwards has dropped out of the presidential race but I guess
he was less inclined to go for the jugular then Obama-Clinton. I hope now that there are only two of them, sniping can end and serious issues can be discussed I want to hear what good about the candidate not what's bad about the opponent. I'm not at all surprised about Guiliani dropping out, ihe was a joke to begin with. Rudy would have created a huge police state here and no end to the wars over there.You know politics really suck, it's all about money and lies, power and greed. It seems that no one is above corruption. Nonetheless, I hope the Dems can get their shit together, stop capitulating to the administration and end this Bushian nightmare.
Oh my, there's one good thing about the writers strike on TV; everything is repeats so we are watching DVDs and avoiding all those campaign ads.
I must always have my silver lining!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Witch of the West says...Boo with your stupid football!! Lets all go vote for Hillary!We may all wash down the river yet....don't believe those weather reports...its been raining for over three weeks straight here.Love to you and that husband of yours too!

Bebe said...

Boo to football? Hey, no editorializing!