Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Liberated some pix


Our Pocono vacation, Sarah, Audrey: in reverse order.



I've been busier than I should be and paying the price. Even though I try to schedule activities judiciously,necessity and uh, fun intervene. I met my brother for a quick lunch in NJ yesterday to visit Cousin Lorrie who is recuperating from surgery. I had to leave by 3:00, after which my window of opportunity slammed shut and I would suffer the dread consequences of rush hour traffic , a fate, as my father used to say, worse than death. Yada, yada, 2 more cousins and a dinner later, I made it home after 9:00. With a migraine right down into my shoulder, all from sitting for over 12 hours. I always drink decaf but yesterday I sinned and had a real coffee at lunch. I was up till past 3:00AM, despite the Lunesta and muscle relaxer I take every night.(I've found that full moons can disorder my sleep, too.)I only slept till 8:00 AM, woke up grouchy and befuddled, go take my vitamins and as soon as I swallow them I realize I took my night pills by mistake. ( Even though my vitamins are in a big purple box and the night pills are in a tiny white one) I had no choice but to go back to bed cause I can hardly walk when I take these pills. I slept for a couple of hours but now I feel ucky, stoned and groggy. (Three of the 7 dwarfs?)I did have a wonderful time though! Turns out, a Cousin Sue is a massage therapist. She suggested eliminating dairy from my diet as it triggers pain in nerve endings. At least I think that's what she said, we are a rowdy group. Does anyone know about this? I very unwillingly gave up cheese, what next? Must I eat my gruel with soy milk?



No good deed goes unpunished.
- Clare Booth Luce
This was the quote-of-the-day but I happen to know the citation is wrong. It's wasn't Clare Booth Luce, it is the 235th of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.





No comments: