Thursday, January 17, 2008

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.- Mae West


I was mad at myself for being so irresistably bummed about that stupid article. Although they did not print my letter or address the bias in their article, there was quite a positive response in the Letters section of the Times today. Maybe this will result in a call for action. Uh, yeah.

Luckily, I had a meeting of my FMS/CFIDS support group. The timing was serendipitous, it was kind of a seminar/therapy session/ big hug, just what the doctor (ha) ordered. I feel supported and empowered. I'm so glad I got over my fear and resentment of technology and modern communication and dived (OK, pulled, kicking and screaming) into cyberspace!
On the subway into the city yesterday a man and boy of about 4 or 5 got on and sat next to me.They were having a deep discussion so I removed my earphones (I'm learning Italian!) to eavesdrop.
Boy: I'd like vegetables for dinner
Dad: Well, we're having spaghetti and meatballs tonight.
Boy: Spaghetti sauce is made from tomatoes, tomatoes are vegetables!

Dad: Well, some people think it's a vegetable, others think it's a fruit.
Boy: They can't make up there minds?
Dad:
There's really two schools of thought about it.
Boy, after thinking awhile: you mean like Pluto?
I had to laugh out loud!
My cleaner, Cynthia (Caramel and I both adore Cynthia) just left. I love this moment; everything is so sparkly clean, it makes me giddy.
I am waiting for Barbara (everyone should have one, you know) who has been at her doctor's office since 10:00. It is now 2:00. You'd think this would be uncommon, especially in a city with so many doctors but no! Ah, she just called- she's out. We are lunching at a Chinese restaurant; I figure this is probably our millionth Chinese lunch together.
Steve and I were supposed to go to DC this weekend for Cousin Jack's faux-retirement party ( he's still working) but cannot find a caretaker for Caramel.When and why did caretaker become caregiver anyway? Take care! Words to live by, no? This picture is Jack and I looking at my Mother's old pictures. The blonde goddess is Barbara in my cellphone.

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

I'm so glad you found a support group. If I lived up there I would gladly take care of your girl for you. I have been owned by two pitties in the past, they have now crossed over, and I think Caramel is just a doll!