Sunday, October 21, 2007

Together again for the first time

One of my favorite movies of all time is Young Frankenstein. My thoughtful and clever husband got tickets to the musical of the movie as soon as it was announced. So it was with much anticipation (and High Anxiety) that we attended the show Saturday. My face stills hurts from laughing. It wasn't quite as perfect as "The Producers" and had a few slow spots (and no Nathan Lane) but the sets were incredible, the dancing and singing were great and there was plenty of goofiness. "Together again for the first time" is a tune from the show and it's stuck in my head. Also, "Putting on the Ritz" which was a truly fabulous number.
It was obvious that everyone in the audience had seen the movie- we laughed in anticipation of the jokes. We got pre-laughs and post-laughs too. It was too much fun. Mel Brooks is a god, still.
But last night the Cleveland Indians got murdered 11-2 and so the Boston Red Sox go to the World Series aginst the Colorado Rockies.
As I previously bitched, the only NLCS games were on TBS and not everyone has cable TV. So I haven't seen a Rockies game and who the hell are they anyway?
And isn't the air too thin in Colorado for baseball? I have no emotional attachment to them. I am conflicted. I only root for an American League team if it's playing against the Yankees. I was raised that way. And years ago, the Mets and the Red Sox used to play an annual game and there was bad blood every time. But this is quite a team these Sox got- so many of them are goateed, what's up with that- so we'll see on Wed night.



1 comment:

Granny said...

The Rockies are fun to watch except when they're playing my National League team (Giants of course).

The thin air in Denver causes the ball to travel further and more home runs to be hit.

A couple of years ago, they began putting the new baseballs in some sort of humidifier to add weight.

I don't know why. The ball weighs the same no matter which team is hitting it.