Thursday, October 25, 2007

I can't take the World Serious

Ugh, I had this discussion with my brother the other day- he said he couldn't drum up enthusiasm for this year's fall classic. I called him infidel and non-believer, but after last night's game, I'm starting to agree-the Red Sox murderized the Rockies, 13-1, this was not fun, it was revolting. We had to stop watching. We believe the Sox struck a deal with the devil to become the New England version of the Yankees. (boo, hiss) The proof is Rudy Giuliani, GOP moronic candidate extraordinaire, endorsing the Sox. Omigod!
An angry fan was quoted in today's Times:" They should burn his seat that he sat in in Yankee Stadium".Also, while I'm complaining, it's ridiculous that every game has to be a night game. And they don't start playing till almost 9:00- who can stay up that late? And why do the commentators talk so much and so fast. I used to love Tim McCarver, now he gets on my nerves- silence on the air is OK, it need not be filled up with gratuitous verbal garbage.
Ah, it's quite satisfying to bitch about something that I can control by changing the channel. I wish it were that easy to change the current administration which tells us that
they need $5 billion more for the war against terror but nothing for heath care for children. Dick and Dubya tell us Iran should be bombed and WWIII is looming on the horizon. And Dubya wants a quick response to the terrible fires in San Diego- apparently there are more voters to be appeased in San Diego than there were in New Orleans. (It's unimaginable that someone deliberately started those fires- sick bastards!) And speaking of drought conditions, the Southeast has also had many months with no rain but the Georgia Gov just imposed restrictions yesterday, banning the washing of state vehicles and ordering prison inmates to shower only once a day instead of twice. Yeah, that should do it.
There was an article in the Times recently about how these are not drought conditions in the SE and the West- they are an indication of
permanent climate change brought about by global warming. Anyone surprised?
Well, I'm going to bundle up (it's finally is autumn today) and take Caramel for a walk after I have some lunch. Darling Steve BBQ'd Sunday and as a surprise he, he grilled me a package of pipicks. (chicken gizzards. Non-Yiddish-speakers note: pipick, also pronounced pupick is also the word for belly-button.) I've been eating a couple everyday ( like candy) and sharing the chewy bits with Carrie. Is she not gorgeous?



3 comments:

HEATHER said...

I wondered how you were feeling about the Sox knowing of your Yankee hatred. Totally agree with you about Tim McCarver!!! There is nothing wrong with a few moments of dead air!
Caramel looks so cute!! Sounds like you are feeling some better. Take care!

Granny said...

Tonight's game is a little more interesting so far.

I have nothing against the Sox but I'm a National League person so I have a lukewarm interest in the Rockies even though I don't like the owner's politics.

Anonymous said...

I don't know no baseball. I don't know no pipicks. I don't know one league from another league. (Are there 20 thousand of them under the sea?)
But the dog look pretty in the purple collar.

Simple reader, City of angles