Friday, October 26, 2007

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.

Blogger cut off theThe following was written 0n 11/2/o7:
I won't discuss Boston's sweep in the World Series but I will say that I'm glad that Joe Torre is going to the Dodgers where he will be appreciated, sweet man. Ech, the Yankees suck!
Halloween was nice and warm and I was prepared with giant bags of candy because we get zillions of kids- from toddlers to adolescents, all of them cute and pretty polite-a few kids gave ME candy!
At 4:30, we at on the porch and they started coming. By 6:20 all the candy was gone and because they delayed the start of Daylight savings time this year, it wasn't dark yet! The best costumes were a kid and his Dad swathed in bubble wrap dressed as Giant Jellyfish
Halloween is also Steve's birthday( my pumpkin!) and Caramel's doggie birthday too ( she's 4). I've been sick in bed this week so we had chinese take-out for dinner and poor Steve had to get his own birthday cake. ( chocolate mousse- it was delicious)
But he loved his presents, .I got him a bunch of stuff, including a book that he already has, a weather station that tells temperature, humidity, dewpoint and even has an alarm and a T-shirt that says: BROOKLYN- only the strong survive!
And a box of chocolates of course, Belgian, not Halloween. (I myself love candy corn and malted milk balls.)
Steve ordered dog food on-line and it was delivered today, a 40lb box which I left on the porch then took Carrie for her walk. When we came back, Chris across the street was waiting for us. He saw a kid take the box off the porch and make his getaway- on a bike. He chased the guy then called the cops and they rode around looking for the guy but did not find him. Luckily, it was only dog food (just try to sell that, rat bastards!) but the bad part is, this is a really quiet block and many people get deliveries left on their porches daily. It's disconcerting to think there are unsavory types patrolling the nabe for packages.
It certainly wouldn't have happened if we were home, Caramel would've sounded the alarm, my bark-less dog. She don't like nobody on her porch!
I am going to make enchiladas tonight as a belated surprise for Steve and also because November 1st and 2nd are the Dias Del Muerto in Mexico, a fun holiday. Now that I've reviewed the recipe I remember why I haven't made them in years, they are way labor-intensive. I already made the sauce ( my homegrown tomatoes!) and now I must shred my chicken, grate my cheese and confront my tortillas. Ai!

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Wow!! I am stunned that someone stole Miss Caramel's food! I can't imagine trying to bike and carry a forty pound box.
I too am glad that Joe went to LA. This means I can drag out my Dodger's shirts and sweats!
Take care!