Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sleeping around, again

I am so nervous about seeing the Gastrointerologist this Fri (which will invariably involve the insertion of tubes in and about my person), I forgot that I have my follow-up sleep study tonight- the one with the CPAP machine.
I hope I can manage that mask/head-sling gizmo- anything that touches my face, head and hair ( that's why it's 2 inches long) is bound to be annoying.
Not unbelievably, it is also unattractive and weird looking.
No prob! My usual seductive, sex-pot, bedtime accessories are hand splints, teeth aligner, heating pad, socks (on, then removed) and the occasional elastic knee brace.
I won't have to change my style at all!
La Carmelita will not like this at all. She doesn't like Steve's CPAP.
Actually, she herself snores very loudly,
Maybe we need a CPUP?
(Forgive me if I've made that joke before- I just crack myself up)

Bush Bashing has been too long absent from this space, no?
He may be goon, but he's not forgotten.
He is critical of Congress "undercutting the troops" overseas even though they are untreated and maltreated when they finally come home- after too many tours of duty.
He believes that the American people support this war, despite the growing criticism from both parties.( Republicans starting to realize they cannot support him and retain any degree of credibility).
He thinks that present global warming regulations are sufficient and places blame on China for it.
He actually believes that despite the failure of the program, there is No Child Left Behind.
(Doh! On the radio they just said: chance of snow.)
His aides and advisors lie, and he swears to it.
He is stupid, spoiled, stubborn, seriously deluded and severely in denial.
My, that was satisfying!

In news from Israel:
The Green Leaf Party in conjunction with the Rabbinate, has announced that marijuana, is not kosher for Passover.
What, no bitter herb on the seder plate?
Of course, the implication of this is that it is kosher at all other times.
It'll be a rockin' Rosh hashannah!

This recipe ( jewish biscotti) is not kosher for Passover either, but it has been requested. I have edited it slightly, to my taste.

Aunt Sarah's Mondlbrot (Almond bread)
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 cups flour
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
dash whiskey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag chocolate chips ( or M&M's, or raisins even)
pinch salt
1 cup nuts, ( any kind you like, or omit entirely)

In mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar until totally dissolved.
Add rest of ingredients except chips. Fold , adding chips and nuts.
Refrigerate for an hour for easier handling.
Form into two loaves about 2" wide on greased cookie sheet. Can sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture if desired. Bake 350F for 30 minutes. Slice while warm into 1/2" slices.
Return to cookie sheet, sliced side up and put back in oven for 10 minutes if you like them crisp.
Or, shut heat and place in turned off oven for a few minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Store in airtight container. They freeze really wel
l.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this was a secret family recipe. I'm telling Aunt Sarah.

Bebe said...

Ha! I got it from Janie!