Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The year of living Caramelly

Today is the 1st anniversary of the day we got our Carmelita Linda, our doggy dream come true! She's come a long way in a year re: socialization. She likes most people and all kids but she's still a little paranoid about other dogs, esp females for no apparent (human) reason. I am shamed when other dog owners ask, is she friendly? Duh, I'm not sure, say I. For example, she's madly in love with a black lab across the street, but dislikes all other labs. I never know how she will react. Frankly, I'm missing out on a lot of extra-curricular doggy love. And I can never pet any of the neighborhood cats because she would like to eat them. Oh well, to quote Joe E. Lewis in Some like it hot, nobody is perfect.
Speaking of which, I have an appointment with a new gastroenterologist- I can say with all truth and accuracy that I am not a perfect asshole.
So, I'm enjoying Dancing with the Stars and loving Laila Ali. She is so gorgeous and fabulous and I love saying her name.
The other night, the English guy on the show called someone a geezer which amused and puzzled us all as it means old guy to us.
My Bro (on the case- he's a diamond geezer) looked it up and the following entry is what he found. I tried to e-mail it to Steve at work but it came back undelivered because the message contained a banned word. I cannot figure out what is objectionable unless it's the word "cockney". Geez Louise!
Who ever came up with that looks a dodgy geezer.

geezer n. As a contributor accurately suggests, this is very much like a British
equivalent of the American "dude". While Americans use "geezer" too, it implies someone much older and with much less street-cred than the British version.
brown bread, adj.
brown bread = dead. (That old geezer's brown bread now.)

Cockney Rhyming Slang.
commonly used in England

Diamond Geezer (or Diamond)
Someone who has done you a big favour and helped you out.
(Geezer = bloke = man) "You're a diamond geezer"
commonly used in England

Deep Freezer (Noun)
Geezer = Man. Who is that deep freezer on the dog and bone?
(Who is that man on the phone.)
commonly used in England

dodgy geezer, noun
suspicious looking man. (He looks a dodgy geezer.)
commonly used in British Isles

loadsa money
a rich person, that geezers got loadsa money!
commonly used in England

diamond geezer:noun
a realy wonderful man as in my sister found herself a diamond
geezer shes so lucky.
commonly used in England

Blogger has been hinky lately and messing with my font sizes.
Hint: if you hit the "control" key and your mouse wheel at the same time you can magnify the type.


2 comments:

Bebe said...

Testing! Someone said they had trouble posting a comment- let's see if this works.

Anonymous said...

Nice font