Monday, March 26, 2007

Sleeping booty

Well after spending the night sleeping with another man (in the sleep center) it has been determined that in a 4 1/2 hour period, I woke 20 times and I have moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
The sleep dr, a pulmonologist told me I will not be cured but a CPAP machine will certainly help me and might even improve my sinusitis and post nasal drip. He was really wonderful and helpful and explained everything not only in medical terms but in language I could understand.
I will have another study with the CPAP in 2 weeks to see what air pressure and what kind of mask works best.
As this solution is not invasive,surgical or pharmecutical I am going to give it a shot.
One drawback is, Caramel dog does not like Steve's CPAP- she will certainly not like two of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations. Welcome to the CPAP club. I hope it helps you like it has helped so many of us.

Jo said...

I hope the CPAP helps you out and makes it so you're able to sleep (without waking up 20 times) each night. :)

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the tiredness if I had to wake up "20" times a nite!!!!!!!!!!!I only wake up once. The worst part of menopause I was waking up 6 times a nite and it was horrible.
POOR BABY!Maybe if you put sone yummy dog food on the nosepiece Carmelita will think it's a good thing [I mean you can't smell anything anyway rigt?
I am totally joking!! Love you MORGANA