Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How about gun control as a preventative?

The US Congress in all it's dubious, questionable wisdom, has legislated today against partial-birth abortion. Why, we wonder is it so pre-occupied with women's reproductive issues which should be a private affair in the first place? And yet today, even after the horrible massacre at Virginia Tech, they reject any talk or measures about gun control.We don't need to protect the living, only the unborn, is that it? There are virtually no gun rules in VA and you can buy anything with no vetting whatsoever at gun shows in most states. Like PA where those 12 little girls were murdered. How many of these bloody incidents will it take? How powerful of a lobby is the NRA, those ratbastards with their bear arms.
In other news, a minke whale was spotted in Brookyn, from
Sunset Park in NY harbor. A neighbor told me the whale has gone into the Gowaus canal! So cool!
I needed cheer because Champ, a favorite doggie neighbor has gone missing. He is a Dogue de Bordeaux, like a french mastiff. His older brother Clifford was lost, jumped the fence or kidnapped in Dec, so his owner got another puppy, Champ. Clifford was discovered in upper Manhattan and was returned for a fee. I hope Champ will be returned too. We went to visit Clifford today,( the owners put up a higher fence, I noticed) he was playing with his cat, who's sweet and about a zillion years old. Caramel stuck her face between the bars in an unfriendly way and got scratched across her muzzle. She really has to get over this cat thing, I told her never to mess with them!
So, today I was supposed " prepare" ( drinking a gallon of echy liquid, fasting, and eliminating) for a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. Last night, the soppy foot of fate stepped in to postpone it. I roasted a pork loin that has been living in the freezer for way to long for my "last" supper. While it rested, I took a quick shower. When I came out, Carrie was not waiting at the bathroom door, as is her custom. Afraid for our dinner, I stuck my head out the door and so doing, put a wet foot on the slippery marble door sill. Down I went, landing on my funny bone which is a mis-nomer if I ever heard one. It is the oh-my-god-kill-me-I'm-dying from- the-pain bone. Nothing humerus about that, although I was quite giddy about not broken anything or smashed my head a la Kurt Vonnegut. I'm okay but have a sufficiency of pain for the moment thank you and do not need my belly pumped full of air. Also, I cannot lie on my left side, which is required.

Coincidentally, I injured the same arm that was used for a blood test on Monday which already bruised and swollen from the tech going through the vein.
So I'm typing one-handedly and grateful for the pain pills I have from the last Sjogren's flare.And feel like a little mischief.
My faithful reader and very dear friend LeftCoast sent me a link from her High School reunion. Someone posted this photo of her from 1967. She actually trusted me not to print it, can you imagine? How could I not share such gorgeousness!
Go All-Stars!

Oops, quelle faux pas! It is the Supreme Court who today handed down the Partial-Birth Bab decision that draws my ire. Congress passed this piece of shit legislation in 2003.
And guess what? That ass-kisser Guiliani endorses it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My poor Honey.............I can see just how that could happen on that door sill.This falling stuff has to stop! Are you better now? I still have never had a colonospcapy. It just freaks me out. I will be there soon to see you. I sent my trip info. Much LoveM