Friday, April 20, 2007

Unreasonable justification

50 ways to not recall? If Alberto Gonzales has such a bad memory, why is he the highest lawyer in the land? His sense of recall is tres Reaganesque! My favorite bit of his testimony:..." while reasonable people might decide things differently, my decision to ask for the resignations of these US attorneys is justified."
Justified unreasonability?
Is that the rationale that NBC used when airing that tape of the Virginia Tech killer.
Or the idea that it was the VT administration, not easy gun access, that was at fault in the tragedy?
Or the "surge campaign" in Iraq which has resulted in unprecedented numbers of deaths.
Or Arthur Kennedy and his right wingers determining what
an individuals personal rights should be and a that woman is not capable of knowing her own mind?
Or Gov. Corzine's decision to ignore 2 simple laws of his state to put himself and the state in jeopardy?
Yeah, unreasonable justification sounds about right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA-OH-OH,
You picture-poster, you.
Quelle sorprise!
Thank goodness I have you to read the newspapers and keep me informed. I tend to hear the one-minute version of stories on my car radio, I'm afraid. On that same reunion site we have a memorial to my long gone friend Charlene, who died in 1967 from a wire hanger abortion in Tijuana because they were illegal here. She was only seventeen.
All Stars Oldster

Anonymous said...

I am shocked and amazed that they were able to take away even one portion of our hard won right to choose or not to have children.It's the first chipping away at all our reproductive rights.Please can we hurry thru this last gasp of republican,right-wing archaicness of thought?
A Srident and Unending Feminist..M