Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Does Joey Fatone not rock???

I'm still Dancin' with the Stars even tho they fill up the airways with redundant, gratuitous replays and I find the judges scoring biased and erratic.
Sorry, but Leeza was way better than Clyde, who, while adorable, cannot manage to get across the floor gracefully. I also took offense to his comment that dancing was not hard work. Sure! He was hardly working!
Which reminds me of Imus who deserves not to be working.
I don't follow b-ball, college ball or ladies ball, or any New Jersey team at all. But- a little solidarity for the home-girls, please. Aside from the fact that his comments were incredibly stupid, sexist and racist, how about a little support for the tremendous accomplishment for the hometown (tri-state area!) team!
Why has celebrity-diarrhea-of-the-mouth become so common?
Could it be the example set by our fearless leader, George II who stands by his ridiculous statements, even in the face of the truth?
Like, the death-to-Americans protests in Iraq which he spinned as, "proof of the democratic process working"? While today's news reported the longest battle there to date.
Also, from yesterday's Times, a study by the government finds that in India, over 50% of children are victims of physical and sexual abuse.
WTF, I don't even have a comment for that.
At the endodentist yesterday I had a follow-up for a root canal I had last year.
(remember good old tooth #18?)
My twisted roots look good and have healed. Yay!, I'm so proud of myself! As if I did it myself!
The dentist (dontist?) was concerned when I told him about the Sjogren's and we spoke about it. Again, I was surprised and gratified that he knew what it was.
Because it was such a beautiful day, and I felt brave, I walked over to the rheumy's office to move my appt up to this month.
I guess I'm a bit in denial about the Sjogren's dx and I wanted to be sure of the diagnosis before I saw the dentist on Fri.
Or I wanted to hear that she was not sure it was SJS.
She's sure, it is.
I've never met anyone with Sjogren's- I'm quite lost in this. I'm totally bewildered by what's been going on in my body and the conflicting opinions I get from the drs.
A simple example, I am to have a colonoscopy next week. I got a leaflet telling me what to expect. Here, an excerpt:
Sedating medication will be given. For your safety, we cannot perform the examination if you are driving a car.
That is some image- a butt-probe on wheels!

4 comments:

HEATHER said...

"That is some image- a butt-probe on wheels!"
ROTFLMAO!! Too funny!
After your first post about the Sjogren's, I looked it up, I have a lot of those symptoms too. Scary disease! Have you been to the http://www.sjogrens.org/ site?
It says that they can put you in touch with a support group. Surely in a huge metro area like NYC they can help you find some support.
Hope you are feeling better today.
It is raining and cold here today so my sinus' are killing me.
I totally agree with you about poor Clyde on Dancing! I think the problem is that his partner is not tall enough for him and it makes him have to bend down to reach her, looking very akward.
PS-It's not that I hate the Mets,
it is just that so many of my childhood memories are of the Yankees. I really can't stand the Braves so I do ignore them!
Take Care!

Bebe said...

I've contacted 2 excellent Sjogren's sites, and no there are no support groups in NYC, I guess everyone here is too tough to need support.
But your tip led me to a SS volunteer who may steer me towards a good med peep. Thanx, Chickie!

Anonymous said...

I never watch that stupid dancing show. I'm a total junkie for the dead bodies on Law and Order.If I really met a man like Detective Goren I would seduce him and run away to The Bronx.Yeah guess who this is. I will see you soon.That picture of your tooth is amazing!LOVE and Blessings and lollipops

Bebe said...

I can't believe you of all people watch that crap!