Wednesday, February 28, 2007

To sleep, perchance to be filmed

Yesterday, I had a visit with the sleep doctor .
He's very aware of Fibromyalgia and he is optimistic about helping me as there have been many studies linking Fibro with sleep disorders.
I will have to go for a sleep study where I will be hooked up to sensors and filmed as I sleep . How creepy is that? And I have to sleep alone! No Steve! No dog!
The study will determine how my sleep is disordered and how it can be fixed.
He gave me an article from Sleep Review magazine, this is the link below.

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/issues/articles/2007-01_01.asp

The article is very interesting, although a lot of it is over my head. It's also very gratifying to know that fibro is being recognized for what it is.
Going to a doctor and getting validation about one's disease is very comforting.

Today is Carol-my-cleaning-lady-day. I am holed up in the office in order to stay out of her way, hence my writing here today despite my fuzzy state. ( see article for details)

Happily, it is a sunny day in the 40's. I am waiting for Carol to finish so Carrie and I can go to the park. I need sun desperately.

I am taking a little cheer from the fact that Bush's house of cards may be starting to crumble albeit slowly.
His reversal on talks with Syria and Iran is crucial. So is accountability in Iraq and Afghanistan ( where 23 died in an attempt on Cheney). And in the Armed Forces. In his administration the phrase" support our troops" is only one-way, to the battlefields. Again and again. Their reward? Sub-standard medical care, abuse of their benefits and withdrawal of pay.
Oh yeah, and we have no business putting them there in harm's way in the first place.




1 comment:

HEATHER said...

My hubby has sleep apnea and has had to do several of the sleep studies. Don't bother to wash your hair-they use electrodes and gel on your scalp. It isn't easy to sleep either. I have had one myself and I don't go into the deep restful sleep stages. That is what caused the FMS. Good Luck!