Monday, February 26, 2007

Mom's birthday

It's hard to believe that she's been gone 2 years already, she would have been 94 today. We certainly have longevity in my family.
Yesterday, we went to visit my only surviving aunt, Sarah who just got out of the hospital. She is 96 1/2, has all her wits as well as her teeth and looks incredible.
Altho she gets periods of depression and wants to die already, she still has strength left.
We are each others link to my mother and it was wonderful to be with her- her hugs and kisses are just like my Mom's.
We had a snowstorm on the way home from Janie's. The flakes were the size of potato chips, Today is above freezing so everything turned to slush. Not unlike the condition of my own self.
I got my Aunt's recipe for mandelbrot ( jewish biscotti) and a snowy day is perfect for baking. I might just do it.

No comments: