Friday, November 17, 2006

No smokin' and dancin'

The Great American Smoke-out was yesterday; it was also my 19th anniversary of not smoking. Hooray for me! I celebrated by having a chest Xray and a Mammogram; November is health (or lack thereof) month! We get all our check-ups before the eating, I mean holiday season begins and the winter weight piles on and my activity level lessens in direct correlation to the thermometer dropping. And speaking of activity, I would like to formally protest the choice of Emmitt Smith as winner of Dancing with the Stars. It was a tough choice, he is gorgeous,delectable and toothsome, owns the music and moves beautifully but Mario Lopez danced choreography that was much more difficult and he looked like a professional. He should have won. Emmitt, of course is a jock. Could it be that he was chosen cause sports fans voted for him? Crossover, I love it! I am thrilled that dancing is on TV at all, much less so popular. Maybe this will start a trend to Classical, modern, and contemporary dance shows! With dogs! Everyone loves dogs, why aren't there any on TV? Why?
You know, some have dementia, I have tangentia. It's a short trip from dancing to dogs, isn't it?
Under the weather, I've been trying to cut down on my news intake but here are 2 bits for my memory book:
The 6000 member Bnei Menashe tribe in northeast India has been recognized as one of the 10 lost tribes of the Bible. Using their right of return, 200 Indians have immigrated to Israel. Our homies! I wonder how long they were lost? And are there 9 tribes left or what?
The reigning Miss Israel, an army private, was given special dispensation so she won't have to carry a semi-automatic weapon. She said it bruised her legs. Can I hear an "Oivavoi"?
The Pope is still insisting on celibacy, a fashion model in Brazil died of anorexia and George2 (sanctioned by the new Senate) is selling nuclear fuel to India (our landsmen!) even though they haven't signed the non-proliferation treaty.
And it so goest. Have a good weekend!!!





Who's the cutest waggie-tail puppy-girl?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fix was in. I knew it when they gave Mario the 29 instead of a perfect 30.
As for Miss Israel, they probably installed some secret weapon into her tiara so she doesn't need to carry a rifle.
Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

Who's the cutest waggie-tail puppy-girl? Holly, of course.