Saturday, November 25, 2006

T-day 2006




We had cold, rainy terrible weather but the trip-across-3-states was OK and we dodged bad traffic. The turkey was succulent, and so were the grandnieces.The kugel ( I had to make two this year- my brother and niece should look into Kugeleaters Anonymous, really) was raisin-y good, and it was a great Thanksgiving even if we did get home at 1:00 AM. As extra added attractions, Charlie and Cecily came with their angel baby and Sarah took me over to her house so I could have alone time with Pete's dogs who I love severely. We had a right jolly time.
Grandniece#1 is wearing a sweater of mine that I bought 29 years ago, #2 is quiet and sedate,#3 is always in motion. The whole three of them are so scrumptious, I could eat them up! I took that picture of Steve and Bro; not bad huh? I'm resolved to become friends with the camera. If only I could remember to actually have it about my person.
Caramel was left at home and we had to hire a dogwalker cause all the neighbors were out of town. We brought back leftover turkey as compensation.
Yesterday I called my Aunt Sarah who was at her granddaughter's. She could not come to the phone cause she was feeding her new great-greatgrandson. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I remember that sweater!
Beautiful faces, all.
D.