Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Walk your dog, not Alberto Pujols

This is was sign held by a fan at Busch stadium last night. Cardinal Power slugger Pujols has been routinely walked to avoid hitting home runs. This strategy failed last night when he got a winning run. After using 67 pitchers,the final was 4-2. It was my fault, I shouldn't have said anything about Glavine, who gave up 3 runs in 4 innings. I put the hoodoo on it. Tonight, the Mets are back home for game 6. Twenty years ago I got married and the Mets won the World Serious. Both these events had wonderful and far-reaching implications. But my marriage is forever, championship titles are not. May the gods of baseball, in their infinite wisdom, smile upon us who are so pathetically loyal and deserving. It's really hard for me to stay up as late as is necessary to watch these games. But like an AL pitcher at bat, I'm willing to make sacrifices.

No comments: