Thursday, October 19, 2006

Game 7 tonite!

I have happiness. Mets rookie pitcher John Maine totally disregarded the Cy Young award winner Carpenter last night, winning for the Mets 4-2, altho the star of the game has to be the beauteous Jose Reyes. I had heart palpitations all game long. We lost El Duque but Lo Duca came through.Two Dukes in one team! Tonight, tonight, won't be just any night.
Is there anything as stimulating as post-season baseball? When it goes 7 games? Especially with your own beloved team involved? Priceless!!!!
Since I have apparently lost my meager readership anyway,(y'all give up on me? is there no one with baseball in their blood out there?) I will indulge myself:

MEET THE METS
Words and music by Ruth Roberts and Bill Katz, 1962

MEET THE METS,
MEET THE METS,
Step right up and greet the Mets!
Bring your kiddies,
bring your wife;
Guaranteed to have the time of your life
because the Mets are really sockin the ball; knocking those home runs over the wall!
East side, West side,
everybody's coming down
to meet the M-E-T-S Mets of New York town!

Yeah, baby!
Meanwhile, Tigers are burning bright the jungles of Detroit, licking their chops and waiting to pounce on the victors of tonight's game.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's it baby!
Mets in s-e-v-e-n
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I missed reading you. Happy New Year! Happy Anniversary! I think of sweet little Carmelita [Carmelly-Smelly-Belly]. I've told quite a few people about her adoption.It has turned into hot summer in the day time and "see-your-breath" cold at nite. Weird
My Fairy Goddess Daughter is finally out of the mental hospital and on a slew of antipychotics and lithium. She seems to be avoiding me and I think it's probably a good idea, since she was so hot to be labled bi-polar when what she did was mushrooms and then ecxtasy. I am not good at pretending and I do believe my bluntness would not be that good for her.She's 21. I promised to watch over her til she matured. My own children I expected to take care of themselves at 18.I'm done.
Rachel and Jake have one more week for him to be home then she has4 months more til she has to go back to work. They are fine just exhausted [we knew that one]
Sorry you are having so much trouble with all these work guys! Yuck!The photo of your kitchen is good. What pretty colors. I love you.Kiss the puppy for me and tell the old man he's an old man lol