Monday, October 23, 2006

Broken of heart,: the World Series continues

Game 7, 9th inning, Mets at bat, bases loaded, 2 outs. No hit, no HR, no pennant, no dice, no soap radio. And now I must root for the Cardinals, the very team I despised only days ago. For I am a National League fan, born and bred. A strange phenomenon, that. The Series with Detroit is tied, 1-1. Go Red Birds!
Remember Tom Sellek in Magnum PI? He alway wore a Tigers cap. I used to think he was dreamy but now I hear he may be Charlton Heston's replacement as head of the NRA. Or is that an oxymoron?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baseball Sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Bebe said...

Yes that may be true, but along with truth and justice, it is the American Way, which in itself is both sucky and wonderful. Skill and chance, hard work and luck. you win some, you lose some. Baseball, Dear Reader, is just like life.