Monday, October 30, 2006

Post-partyum

In a great flurry of cleaning, de-dusting, unpacking, arranging, planning, inviting, shopping, buying, cooking, cleaning, re-arranging and decorating, Steve's 50th birthday party was achieved. All systems were go and a wonderful time was had by all the fantastic friends, superlative relatives and marvelous neighbors who attended. The food was beauteous and delicious, most of it from Fairway and Costco, blessings on them. The Most Excellent Miss Caramelita Linda was an extraordinarily well-behaved poochie and turned out to be quite the party animal despite the 40 or so guests, who themselves were delightful. Camille and JR came in from Florida and made themselves kitchen slaves. Audrey made a huge cheesecake, Tina made a huge Halloween cake, Jeanette brought a huge pie and I got a cake for 48, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and cream cheese frosting and fudge roses. My Aunt Sarah said we had too much cake but the birthday boy said, his face aglow, it was just enough. God, I love that man.
Listen, there's tons of cake in the freezer. Came on over and have a piece!
Chris and Char couldn't attend the party cause the new baby they adopted came on Friday! She is quite the adorable dumpling. Much joy and love to them.
And Jack and Gina and Anne-Marie and Chriss, who were missed. We are both thinking about you, sending our love and hoping for a quick return to normal cells and good health.
Now it looks like life at chez lui has the potential to make the return to something close to normal, what ever that may be. At least the house is in order once again. Now I have time to consider other possibilities, including more fun for me, and well-deserving Stinky, too. I am after all, "retired" ( which is a euphemism I like to use instead of disabled) and have extra time that I would like to see better spent. Let's see how that goes.
In the meantime, we've got mondo cake, and pictures to come!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You throw one hell of a party BB.
You can invite me anytime!
You are fantastic, wonderful, beautiful, and unbelievable. And yes I can go on.
I love you.