Thursday, March 09, 2006

Phoebe for the spiirits

International Women's Day was yesterday, while I was ranting and raving and riding a tangent to Digress City. Thanks to Morgana, my far-away honey for the reminder.
Today, I am not alone. I have a visitor, a doggie neighbor to spend the day with. I've always had some kind of pet and now I don't even have my snails , worms and pillbugs either.That's another story. I'm tragically pet-lonely and pathetic so I borrowed a dog from the neighbors. S
he is the fabulous wonder Phoebe, a black lab-chow mutt.(she's got the blue tongue) She lives with 3 small boys and is still the most patient and best dog! O frabjous day! She's sitting in the middle of the staricase so I will tumble to my death when I trip on her. Oh Lordy how I have missed that! Steve said I sounded happier on the phone!
I can no longer look at websites from shelters after doing it for days. I wind up wanting all of the animals and crying over their terrible situations, especially the zillions of gorgeous pitbulls that were abused and abandoned and cats left to freeze in the streets. My thing is kvetching not preaching but; a brief PSA
PLEASE NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS AND ADOPT FROM SHELTERS!

Love in the form of Phoebe will hold me till the weekend at which time we will sally forth to a shelter and perhaps get both cat and dog. They also have birds and bunnies and reptiles, oh my. I am such a pushover for a pretty face! This is Shanti, the kitkat we wanted that got adopted. I now must comfort myself with a song from the Marvelettes; words that over time would prove to have great, personal meaning for me (I hooked the big one!) but are also relevent for all beings in any situation. An excerpt:

Too many fish in the sea

Listen here, girls
Take this advice, and remember always in life:

Into each heart some tears must fall
Though you love and lose, you must stand tall
'Cause we all got to cry sometimes
I said, sigh sometimes
Pull yourself together
No use crying forever
Because there's too many fish in the sea
Too many fish in the sea
I said, there's short ones, tall ones, fine ones, kind ones
Too many fish in the sea

PS.This Phoebe is lifting my heart and killing me with thoses eyes. Ay, ay, ay.
Love, Sally F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so amused to hear "How TEX Got His Name" Very interesting. I remember your lesbian apt. in Park Slope. I think I was at that party.
When Vatru and I were in NY I tried to show him that apt and the place was so gentriefied I could barely recognize it. It was kool.
I am going to be so happy for you when you get your doggy and cat. I know how crazy you are about dogs. I actually think it will be good and keep you from going over the "crazy old lady who likes dogs too much" edge.
I love you!