Friday, March 24, 2006

Of moving experiences

Finally, my Mom's house is almost cleaned out! Honey, this child is too old and infirm to be moving furniture. But I'm manic enough to do it anyway, despite having 3 strong men aboard. I woke up this AM wishing I were dead. Apparently, sometime during the night I was beaten with a baseball bat. Tonight's appointment with Garo from the Animal Rescue place is the onliest thing keeping body and soul together. Only the anticipation of dog breath keeps my own constant. I am full of anxiety. I'm afraid she will be too big, we need someone semi-portable. Can we pick just one? Will there be cats? Black and white ones? I'm seriously hard-up for cats. Y'all know I love all the creatures, great and small, especially dogs. But it's cats, not dogs who rule, let's be honest.The reason we never got a dog was because our ex-cats ( dead cats) didn't like them, but we've been dog-obsessed forever.
We just took a quiz on Pedigree.com; the dogs that would suit us best are the French bulldog, Boston terrier, beagle, smooth fox terrier and Basenji,
all of who(m) suit me fine. Steve has an unreasonable distaste for beagles, but we'd both prefer a muttsky that no one wants. From her pic, Jackie clearly is a pit bull mix, or Amstaff as it were, with very little Basenji. There are so many to chose from and I trust Garo's call. Details to follow.

So we moved the furniture and stuff from Mom's, but there is still some stuff that we want to give or throw away.

King size bed and wood headboard,
has 2 twin matresses,but they're hard as rocks
60's plaid pull-out couch, 2 seater
2 large ornate hanging brass and glass lanterns, chains included
various 60's glass hanging light fixtures and one table lamp
brass and crystal lamp/ mother of pearl table combo, beyond description
few rolls of upholstery fabric
50's exercise bike
50's luggage metal footlocker, 2x3x2'
2 TV carts
3 pine captain's chairs, good shape
various pots, pans, plate, glasses, tableware and flatware
"101 Strings"
LP's ( records)
beach chairs
60's sewing machine, needs cleaning
20-30 wooden hangers

I don't want to do ebay and I'm kinda obsessive about recycling so if any of you know of anyone or any place in the NYC area that wants this this FREE STUFF which must be PICKED UP, please let me know. Our junk may be that obscure object of desire for someone else!
Wish me luck tonight!


Oi! I forgot I have a surprise photo today! It is from the faraway south Northwest. From top right going clockwise, my darling Morgana, my sweetie Vatru, furry cookies, and Morgana's daughter R who has the glow of she who is with child. I miss y'all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck in all your Efforts.
What does Steve have against Beagles? Snoopy was a wonderful Dog; and LOVED by everyone.
Do't you remember my Snoopy?

Bebe said...

Sure I do! Steve can be strange, he also hates Meryl Streep.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Steve can be weird. I know him and can definitely agree, WEIRD!
He just heard to many bad stories about Bagels. They chew everything, bark too much, wanna eat everything in sight, some are way too jumpy.
He doesn't hate them, just doesn't want to take care of one.

Bebe said...

Readers be aware! Stevil is the name of the EVIL STeve!

Anonymous said...

Brett has a bite mark under his eye where their beagle, Buffy, bit him when he came near her food. Buzzy beagle....do you remember how stubborn he was, always running away and coming back when he was good and fucking ready. They do indeed have stomachs like goats and will eat until they explode. And they do bark a lot. But they are cute......... I'm in agreement with Steve, can you tell? Beautiful pictures of Morgana and company. How beautiful, she, in that blonde hair!
Anticipatory reader, City of angles

Anonymous said...

Well thank you Darcy and Barbara for your loving compliments. I just love the "evil Steve "and "Stinky" thing.I would have some kool names for my beloved except he makes up new names for himself every other week. Do you know the full name he picked last: Quezzing Wu Farting-Ass Ratflinger.......now how can ya' compete with that?