Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One call closer to a dream

Fabulous news! The rescue place, adoptions@companionanimalnetworktv.org returned my call! We called about Jackie, the puppy we fell for online. She is a Katrina rescue dog too, a 1-2 year old Basenji, tan and white, medium size and it looks like she has two different colored eyes! She loves dogs and cats! She has a pink nose and a white tipped tail! Some moron clipped hers ears, but look how cute she is !!!! She needs a name change, something more feminine and southern, although she really is African. Any suggestions? We will meet her tomorrow night in Queens. If all goes well, she will be delivered to us a few later.
We are seeing Donna from Tel Aviv tonight. Thursday afternoon we (we means Steve and Jarad and Chris; big strong men, not me.) are moving some furniture from my Mom's house to mine. We will be ready for our woofiedog. I'm beside myself with joy and anticipation. Will we be as match? Will Cupid's arrow accurately find it's marks?
It was 25 degrees last night, will it ever be spring for real?
And on that subject here is this from DJ, who herself lives in eternal springtime:

Oh sweet spontaneous earth how often have the doting fingers of purient philosophers pinched and poked thee, has the naughty thumb of science prodded thy beauty. How oftn have religions taken thee upon their scraggy knees squeezing and buffeting thee that thou mightest conceive gods (but true to the incomparable couch of death thy rhythmic lover thou answerest them only
with
spring) E.E. Cummings


5 comments:

Granny said...

She's pretty and also quiet. All good things rolled into one.

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Face to Love. I can't wait to meet my new Cousin.
What kind of Great Mitzvah is this!
I am certain as soon as you meet in person; the heavens will call and The Right Name shall come out.
Hope all goes well.
Love & Hugs
Marion

Anonymous said...

What a Beautiful Face to Love. I can't wait to meet my new Cousin.
What kind of Great Mitzvah is this!
I am certain as soon as you meet in person; the heavens will call and The Right Name shall come out.
Hope all goes well.
Love & Hugs
Marion

Anonymous said...

CLARA
Lula
Etta
Violet
Delila
Scarlett
Dinah
Sukey
Pauline
Pearlie

My aunt in Ark. was Clara, altho she was called "Sister" her whole life. My grandma was
Lula Belle. And mother, of course, Pauline.

I could probably drive you crazy with this stuff.
A Southern Cal. reader, City of angles.

JBlue said...

She's so cute! I like the name Jackie, though. Don't change it, please!

Jaqueline? Rhymes with queen!