Friday, February 24, 2006

Hair today - well, no

All gone, no more. I wonder if this serial haircutting is some strange form of self-abuse? It seems I must cut it every 5 weeks. My hands as if with a will of their own go straight for the scissors when wrong-facing tendrils form. It's positively Hitchcockian.
Today I came to know the source of my recent great unease now that we are sob, petless. In a moment of blinding clarity came the realization that muttering aloud endessly to oneself constitutes nut-jobitis without a cat around to listen.

I was lately disconcerted when a window popped up that said warning: batteries low, because that never happened before. I thought it was a personal observation but then I clicked on it and discovered it was a reference to the cordless mouse. Geez, I sorta have an attitude, huh? And I'm rather dopey too. And now my hair's too short, like Streisand in Yentl. We watched this for it's portayal of shtetl life despite the fact that I really depise the sound of her voice.
But I forgot just how bad movies can be and this one kindelah, is awful. A 40 year old woman with eye make-up playing a pubescent yeshiva boy?
And she sings! Terrible, terrible songs. Oy vey iz mir.

We turned the Olympics off last night when Scott Hamilton commented that the difference between the short 2 minute program and the long 4 minute program is time.Call me me an old fuddyduddy but even the sight of tiny spangly woman falling repeatedly on the ice is not worth that.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Hey, you should kvetch about too many haircuts - try being a bald 54 year old man - I got sunburnt on my head in Mexico recently :)

As for figure skating, I say give me curling! A 51 year old Canadian guy was on the gold medal team today and I happen to know he likes a drink - my kind of athelete. I told my teenage kids that I'm taking up curling because it's the only hope for me to win an Olympic gold in 2010.

Like your blog.

Granny said...

I like your blog too and I'm not here often enough. I'll try to change that.