Thursday, February 23, 2006

Don't take pills in the dark, I smell

I must vent frustration and anger about:.
South Dakota is busy trying to abolish abortion while in Oregon today there was yet another high school shooting. Let's focus on keeeping the born alive, shall we?


And if this Dubai-run Port business is all above board, why all the secrecy? Why no inestigation? Why did Dick forget to brief GeorgeII ? Why this is being spun as politcal by the Bushies and racist by the UAE? It's about money and security. The Port Authority which put the kibosh on it thinks so too. What is a kibosh?

Here is some lovely news from Tex and Ruthi:
Grandson#2 (un-Dewey) has finally decided to be born, 8lbs 10 oz , and here they are, Baby Sawyer and a man in a tie. A tie in Florida?

.
Grandson#1 calls Tex: Grandpa Dude. How very Lebowski!
Morgana's youngest Rachel and her husby are pregnant. She was a baby herself what, 30 or so years ago? Geez.

Do y'all know about Matisyahu? He's an Hebrew-rapping reggaer-rocker. Dude is righteous.

Kinky Friedman, musician (Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys) mystery writer and might I say anarchist, is running for Gov of the State of Texas. Lot's of luck boychick and remember to duck. If'd was me, I'd be running from the Gov of Texas.

I often find myself between a rock and a hard place, geographically as well as metaphysically so I collect along the way.
I have a special collection of tiny magic stones from various people and places in a magick box made by Morgana, a magick personage.

I like to keep a stone or 2 on the lamp by my bed and I usually rotate them (if I remember) because they have various properties for different occasions, to keep the magic fresh and because they need to be attended to.
Because of Fibro, I take gazillions of pills. It is my habit to take some when I go to bed, then read or sometimes watch "Sex and the City" on TV and take the sleeping pill at lights out. I try to practice good "sleep hygiene" which is actually a real thing. I was very tired the other night, but couldn't sleep and I had bad and crazy dreams all night having to do with kennels and the story about the runaway whippet at JFK airport. (again with the ports!)
Cut to last night when I got into bed and noticed my little blue pill was right where I had left it.
The stone, my birthstone peridot, was not.
Happily, it had rounded edges.
No wonder I had such weird dreams.

Oops, I almost forgot to explain about the smelling. (Cognitive impairment in FMS is called Fibro Fog, but I forget why.)
I have anosmia, no sense of smell, and chronic sinusitis. It seems that the Avelox I took a few weeks ago may have worked! Depending on the weather and the barometric pressure I can smell! The frequency and accuracy is only about 50% and the odors are distorted and weird and sometimes too overwhelming, but I know they are there! The fragrances I get (and love best) are garlic, coffee oh mama and laundry. I had a piece of 80% chocolate and almost died from ecstasy. Will I be able to smell spring again? Joy! Rapture! If I regain my sense of smell, does that mean I can't call Steve Stinky anymore? Will I be motivated to cook again? Will I get over my unreasonable hatred of Aromatherapy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If You don't know what a kibosh is, who ever would?

GO-O-O Kinky!!

Even tho I'm not afflicted with your smell illness, I share your unreasonable hatred of Aromatherapy. In fact, why are we capitalizing it? The emperor has no scents. Give me a freakin, smellin break!

Clove girl, City of angles

Bebe said...

Lc: I know, it stinks!

M: thank you

S: you can't, huh?
you can't smell me from here girl?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh.. what a lovely picture!! There is no better aromatherapy than baby aromatherapy!
They smell so good! And also they are cute.. Babies are just everything. :D