Saturday, March 17, 2007

Spring, tra la

Beautiful 1st day of spring today! We saw robins and crocus and all that vernal stuff. Doggie and I walked to the park- the 12' crust of ice over the lake is all melted!
As we crossed the bridle path we came upon some pony-pies which Caramel stopped to smell. That's fair, thought I, it's her job.
She then stuck her face in it and through her whole self over and into it.
It was my job to wash both her and her stinky coat and collar.
It's good luck, right? Or does one need to step in it to garner lucky results?
Oh my. I have not been posting cause, quite frankly, I have been stupid, useless, unimaginative, slightly depressed and have had difficulty cobbling two words together. Winter is a dark and painful time for me and I have the impulse to bitch frequently but I'd rather not.
In an unfortunate scheduling mix-up, I saw my GP last Mon, the rheumy on Tues and the sleep doc on Wed when I had my sleep study (I will report back with results). One positive- all three docs are familiar with FM and are understanding about it which means a lot in terms of confidence and support.
My rheumy (who has Fibro herself), was inconclusive about my blood tests re: Sjogren's or Lupus. We'll see. She prescribed Fiuricet (sp?) for the migraines and it seems to help, so far. At least the one time I took it did. I really resent having to take all these pills.
Steve is doing better and the doc was pleased with the results from the Enbrel he is taking.
In the course of the exam, we talked dogs. Unbelievably, her dog has a collapsed trachea as well as lupus and needs a slew of pills every day. Damn!
In other news,
we finally sold my Mom's house, 2 years after her death. What a relief. The new owner is nice and has 2 small boys. My Mom would be pleased- me and Bro certainly are.
And, as my Cousin Shelly used to say, like that.

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

You know of all of the prescribed pills that I have ever taken the one that helped me the best with the FM fatigue is a B complex vitamin. Also helps with the mental fog as well. You aren't your pre-FM self, but you are able to function better.
I sure am glad that I didn't have to clean up Miss Caramel from the pony droppings.