Friday, December 01, 2006

Scanned, probed, rayed, and worse, shopping.

This week, more medical comedies of errors, more mammos and a cat scan. I never do get to see the cat. I know everyone is waiting on tenterhooks for the news: yes I got a winter coat! I braved a department store, found a fat brown coat that covers my significant butt and with hood for bad weather AND it was 1/2 price. Because I had car custody that day and gifts to buy, I made many, many stops to shop; ugh. In the supermarket I overheard two rather prim young women of a certain religious sect buying a bag of instant-light charcoal briquets. She: "If it doesn't work, we can use it in the summer." Alarmed, I stuck my nose in saying, what are you using them for? "Something, they replied" Said I, I don't mean to be nosy but this has chemicals in it and must be used outdoors. Actually, the bag had a huge warning printed on half the bag with the words carbon monoxide and use outside only. Oh, they replied, thank you for telling us. God certainly saved us today! Thought I, No, it was me and God would have done better to teach you a little practical knowledge like learning how to read labels!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't do that when I am drinking coffee, nearly had a sinus washout there!! Snort, snort!!

Anyway, I think the problem is that I mistyped my blog address - yes I am a dumbass!! So I will be a good girl and do it properly today. Have a great one, fab weather, about 30 degrees yesterday - upper 80's in your farenheits!!

Jo said...

You know, now that I think of it I NEVER get to see the damn cat either and I have one of his scans at least twice a year!

I'm feeling a little jipped here! ;) Love the blog and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to visit.