Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The plumber strikes back

The plumber complained to Jerry that I hurt his feelings by calling him an asshole on his answering machine. He's lucky it I didn't call him worse.This is the same arrogant coarse man who has not shown one iota of respect for me or his crew and yells and screams at his Stooges - in my house. Even Jerry admits that they are pigs! He argues with me about things we already discussed as feasible.He took upholstered chairs from my dining room and put a filthy, grimy sink on it and his filth, grimy ass as well. He initially refused to put in my 1/2 bath cause he said there was not enough room for it. (or him). So for spite apparently, he installed the toilet 6" from the wall with barely room between it and the sink. The other toilet downstairs is not centered so one's shoulder grazes the wall when seating oneself. It's not like there wasn't enough room to place it properly.And, the sweet tile guy had to tighten every connection that the plumbers made. Jerry called and said they might come today to put in that blasted, bloody sink but I am not to speak to Mike as he is mad at me. Jerry, I responded, that Mofo better not speak to me. Ah, Jerry just called again to say that the floor installer was here on Sat and waited outside fron 8:30 to 9:30 and called repeatedly. This is an interesting lie, cause the carpenter got here at 9 and we were all up before 8 no one else was here. And my caller ID shows no calls. Am I going crazy or is there no honesty involved? All the pleasure and joy I expected from this kitchen has turned to apprehension, disappointment, impatience and constant cleaning, but no cooked food. And the other day, our beloved 12 year old toaster oven died. It's toast! It's been hard to replace and I feel lost without it. I had to toast a bagel in a frying pan yesterday, how gauche!
Last night, our
psycho across-the-back-fence neighbor whose evilness has been lately lying dormant (antagonizing others, no doubt) rang my bell yesterday to tell me to stop putting screws on her fence. I explained that we have been under construction ( as she can very well see from any of her windows) and the crew moved all the planters around the backyard and I am unable to use the yard nor I have not been able to reach the fence since May. And why would I put screws in her fence? In response to the time they trespassed on our property and stole our stepping stones, perhaps? I can be much more creative than that! She was uncharacteristically polite, probably cause Carrie came to the door with me. I tell you, this doggie has more uses than I could've guessed! I found out that Psycho's next-door neighbor, J has also had run-ins with her and is keeping a file on them, the Psycho couple. They made J and the other side neighbor, W. both move their common property lines- illegally.They tried to do that with us but we called their bluff. They didn't pursue it. W, who is a lovely woman, caught Psycho pouring grass seed on her mulched property, more than once. J said that the psycho wife beat her Milquetoast husband one night. I believe it, she shrieks at him constantly. They were harassing J until finally she sent her brother over to speak to them. He is a Hell's Angel. They promised no more problems, you can be sure. Oh ho! You can't make this up!
Well, Mike finally arrived and Caramelita growled at him, even tho she knows him, and went for him, nipping his pant leg. He is unhurt, but I had to go upstairs to laugh. She is so sensitive to bad vibes!
Morning which was always my favorite time of day is not these days. I have pain and I read the papers first thing, then get my dose of depression for the day. I am overcome with trepidation, fear, anger and despair. When will this stop? When will those involved in the Middle East and Africa realize that there will never be a political solution when one combatant's sole purpose is to totally destroy the other? Why can't people just live their lives, enjoy their blessings, accept their differences and ignore those views that they can't accept. I am a godless heathen, but I'm praying that perhaps a miracle will occur and the UN or NATO can get there shit together and the killing will stop, in the Middle East, in Africa, and everywhere our troops are dying. I don't get how the deaths of thousands of America troops in Afganistan and Iraq since 9/11, make up for the 2700 killed that day. And this crap about civil war in Iraq being imminent- it is going on right now and we are in the middle. Power, money, oil and fanaticism, they are not worth all this death. These are very dangerous times for sure.
There is nothing as valuable as peace, nothing healthy can survive without it.
Love, health, prosperity and tolerance, live and let live. And drink plenty of fluids, dammit!
Happy Birthday B, you Nordic goddess, and love and kisses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Goddess you sound really ready for a Caribian vacation or something. I pity those asshole workers that cross you. They surely don't know what they have released!!
We have two cats [Minerva 9 weeks, and Lakshmi 9 months] on antibiotics for colds with running eyes and congestion. Then only one more visit to get shots and they are done!
We both have legal running vehicles [Vatru only used 1/2 a tank of gas in the 2 1/2 weeks he has been working in town. We are saving so much $. He used to have to drive and hour each way to work.
Rachel and Jake are painting the baby's room with an underwater scene. They are so cute and szo in love. I stay in touch with her mainly by e-mail cause she is still working like a fiend so she can earn all her off time for when Baby Boy is here.I am so excited to know I will hold a little tiny baby again! How pecious is that?
I will get to see your new kitchen when I come to see you next year! I know it will be done by then.
I love you to itty-bitty pieces!
Witch of the Western Waters

Granny said...

It gets very tempting to keep my head in the sand these days. So far I haven't but I try not to obsess. It's hard.

What is with your plumber? I'd be ready to go after him with a spanner.