Friday, June 16, 2006

A visit from Morgana


Today is Bloomsday. As in the maddenly (for me) unreadable novel Ulysses, where Leopold Bloom wanders the streets of Dublin on June 16th, I too wander the streets of Brooklyn...daily. I need to get away from the noise and dust.Today marks the end of week 4 of our reno and my anxiety builds. I've been avoiding Jerry who is leaving for Italy after his son's wedding in TWO WEEKS. It's starting to get very hot and I'm concerned about the workers and bring them coolers of beverages. Today Martin told me I worry too much about them, but what else can I do? I am helpless and have no control and really I worry about ever completing this project. I want running water again!
In the midst of all this chaos we had a houseguest. One of my very dearest and oldest friends, Morgana, came to visit from No. California for the first time in almost 8 years. It was so wonderful! We had a mini-slumber party last Sat with Barbara, our mutual cousin, hers by blood, mine by marriage, both by love. It was a magical (and majikal) night. I broke out the Johnnie Walker Black, the years melted away, we got bombed. ( a rare occurance for me, she said primly.) We walked in the light of the full moon and held each other. I recalled a conversation from over 30 years ago when we spoke of the special bond between us and how one day we would be old and maybe alone but we would always have each other. As it happens in this dissapointingly unromantic world, all three of us have unusually wonderful husbies. Our special bond endures nonetheless.
From left, here we are, Me, Caramel, Barbara and Morgana. BFF! We have a very powerful energy when we are together which is sadly not often. My sisters! I have been rejuvenated by the extraordinary holy power of womanlove! Lordy, I hope it will give me the strength to deal with de mens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was definately majical!!!!!!!!!I am amazed at your control,decorum and general reserve in describing the nite out howling at the moon in nities and shawls! I love you to pieces. I just today finally got to the computer. Thank you for your lovely hospitality and wonderfulnesss of spirit. In Sista' hood MORGANA

Granny said...

Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Three gorgeous blondes (and a Caramel)!
Oh to have been there and added my blonde head to the
bevy. Last time I was out howling at the moon was nineteen-sixty something. Oy! Hey and Johnny Walker made it too! Glad you had such a warm and wonderful pow wow.
Moon howler wannabe, City of angles

Anonymous said...

Good friends, Scotch, and howling at the moon? Egads, woman! What does a curly haired brunette have to do to break into this elite circle?

What a wonderful and dear bond you all have! :)