Wednesday, April 26, 2006

TequilaCon06: the recapitulation

It was a dark and stormy night, and colder than Rumsfeld's heart. We fought our through the crowds watching the breakdancers in the subway. We got to the place; it was an Irish sports bar 1/2 block from Madison Square Garden, already crowded at 7:00PM. A live band was due to start at 10: The Gaelic Adrenaline Peddlers. My worst nightmare, realized. Under the weather, I knew I couldn't even have a drink. Kill me now Sarah, I thought, and save yourself!
But no, out of the gloom appeared beautiful sprites who showed us the way to a quiet (relatively) and private (semi) downstairs bar, right near the bathroom!
Everyone was delightful and interesting and most got drunk very politely and quitely. Sure there was groping, shot-shooting, worm-licking, tatooing, one incident of deliberate squeezing of lime in the eye and many candid photos but it was all done with class. I was in a unique position at TequilaCon in that I hadn't read any but Sarah's blog and only knew Mihow and TJ , so my impressions of these people were of the firstly kind. I found out later that many are Big Stars of the blogging world, of which I am only a neophyte. I am intimidated, retroactively. I'm looking forward to reading them all, they are way cool. (I hope to learn how to post links so all can share.) It was really fun and we stayed till midnight! Wild girl's night out with Sarah, my sweetie! Oi! The last pix of Carmelita were by Sarah. I did not give her credit for her fab Carmie shots and will so now.
This is a pic I took myself for the Self-portrait day site. It is quite difficult with a wriggly puppy. My life these days is about the dog, the garden and the contractor. There's a sitcom title there I think. But hark! Can it be he who ringeth my bell. Attends,Nick! J'arrive!

3 comments:

elle said...

It was nice meeting you!! I too am a neophyte of sorts, and after reading all those amazing people I met that night, feel even more inferior!! (I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!) I forgot all about the lime in the eye. That was quite a moment.

Anonymous said...

People all over Brooklyn must be hypnotized by you & Carmelita's eyes! I still want to dognap her!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sending you a photo of me and Micky. You will see why this one of you and Carmelita is so familiar to me. I love the photos of the yard too.I am so very excited to meet her in the flesh. I love you forever....One of your VERY old friends...Still a crazy rebel.