Thursday, April 27, 2006

Nick knack, paddywhack, one upside the head

Yes, it was he, Nick the contractor with an estimate twice as much as the "ballpark" figure he gave two weeks ago. The work will take " a good month", not the 2 weeks he mentioned previously.We said we'd sleep on it, but I was up all night. It's not just the money, I feel a trust issue has been breached and I'm paralyzed with fear that this demo and reno ( technical terms!) will be a slow, torturous,unending nightmare, wrecking my garden and forcing us to eat take-out every night. Wahhh! We need a second opinion, like really.
Last words about TequilaCon: The posted photos are great but do not do anyone justice; these are very attractive peeps. I tried to steal them from Sarah's site, but I couldn't; go to Sad and Beautiful World to see them. Kudos to the J's (Jen and Jess) for arranging from it halfway across the continent. AND, I was not only the oldest, I was older than some attendee's parents. I rejoice in my cronity.There are too many boring old people. Age may not bring wisdom or grace but it has brought me the awarness of my right to not give a good flying fudge bar and not act my age, which is pretty boring for the most part. Tha's why I enjoy the youngin's, folks.
Lest you think I discriminate, I aver that I have nothing against the old - in fact, some of my best friends are old folks.

In other news, I have amended my blog name, it is now Oivavoi: Beingbebe. In my travels through cyberspace, I have often come upon interesting sounding blogs but once I get there I am annoyed to find that the title is in English but the blog is not. Shame replaced my indignation when I realized I was doing the same thing; Oivavoi is Hebrew not English and evidently no one other than Herman Wouk knows what it means. Additionally, Oi is "hey" in Britain and Oivavoi looks like French to some and has been pronounced as wha va vwah. Lest I forget that the internet is planet-wide, I have Americanized myself bloggily both to prove my patriotism and attract more readers of the English of which I am an ardent student with hopes to someday to master the language. But more better than that sentence was.

Garden notes to myself:
Moved from center bed to left bed: Salvia, siberian bellflower, ajuga, coreopsis, lichnis. New; pink malva mallow
From center to back bed: potted pink rambler rose, double pink/lav clematis, ajuga border
New: peach astilbe in left corner, back bed.
Caramelita is comfortable only in the backyard when she does her business despite hours spent outdoors. I am not, but I moved the mountain anyway. This year, the dying daffodils will not yield not posies in their place,but pee weeds. Wanna see my teenie weenie paradise? I took and uploaded these, ALL BY MYSELF!















12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really becoming a pro at this; Blog wise, you are amazing.
Garden Wise you are surely a star.
Since I am an whatever is below a novice in both arenas; well, I must be correct.
Sorry to learn of the Contacter Dilemma; however, it is tricky playing with the Professional hammer folks.
Talk to you soon.
Peace & Love
Marion

Bebe said...

Thank you dear but I really don't now what I'm doing re:blog.
Everytime I try to add a link, I lose something. Oi!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed. Always with your Garden, but with the uploading that I only showed you very quickly. Nice pics too.
Well, you never really cease to surprise me.

Bebe said...

Thnx Techie, it only took all day to do.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gardening, Ms. Greenthumb!
Is that dogwood?
Faithful reader, City of angles

Bebe said...

Yep, the pink one is a dogwood, but is in my neighbors yard. The white and lavender lilacs are mine, raised from childhood.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
I meant the DOG on the WOOD (table).
I wouldn't know a dogwood tree from a Transylvanian shrub.
With Love,

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
I have 2 questions:
What does that sign on the pole say?

What are the blue wing/wind things?

Caramelita knows a serene place to go when she sees one.

Bebe said...

Leftie dear, you got me ! I grow old and feeble-minded!

Anon, the sign says:
Verizon
No entry unless authorized by owner.

It is the result of a 10 year, hard won fight with the telphone company to stay the fuck out of my yard and stop destoying my plants.

Bebe said...

The blue thing is a whirligig, two wooden butterflies that spin in thw wind.

Anonymous said...

Carmelita is very smart. She is making sure ALL her doggie smells are right there in her new much loved home. All the better to claim this as hers. My Micky will still only go in her yard or at one place by the beach entrance where we go every day. It took her a year to feel really secure....but she's an old dog. I bet Carmelita is adjusting altready
Your garden is so pretty.LOVE
The only other dog I ever saw lay on the table was DiPie's giant German shepard Caruso Mae.She is a beauty,the lovely Carmelita!

JBlue said...

Love those pictures.