Thursday, January 19, 2006

About last weekend...


The hasty photo below was taken Sun. at the birthday party of T, Steve's sister, and also her eldest son, D1 ( who is 16!) at J, the other sister's house. Steve is the middle kid.
Both sisters are wonderful cooks and J made a fancy, great dinner. The entertainment was exceedingly well planned and directed by B3, the youngest boy, age 9. We played a multitude of games and for once, all the adults played charades and they get points for that. The most fun was truth or dare, wherein we all made fools of ourselves. Early on I stated my distaste for inserting food up my nose or in my ears, but plenty went over the teeth and thru the gums, look out belly, here it comes, you betcha, by golly!
And so, because the party was for two celebrants, I ate accordingly. Subsequently, I was left with two big bellies, see photo right. I have blinking lips on my shirt, but it's hard to see.

On to my side of the family:the previous party,a somewhat less dignified one, at Joel's on Sat, was our annual cousins get-together, seven hours of eating and eating, and a loud and boisterous affair it was. Turns out, none of us can actually hear one another, mostly due to advanced age. Eating in such immense quantities must compromise the hearing as well as cognitive function, which for me at best, is erratic but I digress; the fact that we are all know-it-all, pompous, pontificating prattlers insured that the evening was a laugh-a-minute affair. And the loudest cousin was MIA cause she was in the hospital but was supposed to be in Mexico on a cruise and we all had to lie to her mother (95!) so she wouldn't worry. The truth was told at the end of the "trip", exposing an intricate web of deceit, frantic phone calls, and emails which turned out to be not only worth it, but greatly appreciated by my aunt. We are quite a bunch of coconuts! I am trying to post of photo from the day, but I cannot.

I just returned after waiting at the doctor's for 1.3 hours. Don't get me started. He was nice tho, and I've got the antibiotics and soon I hope to see the world without a tissue in my face all the time. Hey, we live - we dare to dream.

4 comments:

JBlue said...

I don't know if I'm relieved to know those are bellies or not....

Sounds like a good time, though. Hope you're better.

Anonymous said...

What fun to hear of another family who also get loud and raucous at a get together! (Competition I think is a factor). Hoping you are feeling better. Warm hugs

Coral

Anonymous said...

Dear, please invest in a good foundation garment! Lift and separate!

;)

Bebe said...

What? You don't think the four-boob look will catch on?