Wednesday, November 23, 2005

And here am I!

It took 3 days, (and Steve's help) but here's me. That's not actually my regular mug.
I was all dolled up for niece Sarah's wedding on 10/1/05. It took me 3 weeks to achieve that look. I wish I had hid the scissors! More pix to come.

From time to time I would like to include in this space, something I like to call, "you can't make this stuff up". It is inspired by print and NPR news, primarily by the NY Times, which inevitably pisses me off on a daily basis.
If other sources are used, I will try to cite them.

Watching Gilmore Girls last night, ( Rory and Lorelei have reconciled!!) I saw ads from at least 3 companies who will call you so you can be at their stores at the crack of dawn on Black Friday.
An excellent day for burglars!

The Pope announced today that the church will bar gays from ordination unless they have been on the straight and narrow ( I can pun - it's a holiday) for three years, "transitioning", as it were.
That has euphemism has quite a snappy ring to it, like "intelligent design".

The coalition government in Israel has colllapsed, will reform and new elections will be held. Soon.
Would that we had such an option. Would that our citizens realize the incredible privilege they have in voting, while I'm at it.

Wild turkey attacks seem to be on the rise nationwide..
Apparently tom turkeys are the alphas of the flock and they see humans as betas.
Carry an umbrella to poke them with when out in the woods,
according to the Wall Street Journal.
See, this would never have happened if they were the national bird as B. Franklin wanted; they would be extinct by now.


Finally, some sad news. A true innovator, for good or ill,
Ruth Siems, the inventor of Stovetop stuffing has died.
Insert your own joke here, I got kugel to grow!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! BB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give me the recipe for Kugel, I haven't a clue what it is, but if Sarah is to be belived, it's wonderful. What is your first name?

Thank you
Coral

Anonymous said...

Aren't you brilliant! I can't think of an older relative of mine who would have the chutzpah and good taste to start and maintain a blog, much less be so entertaining on it. Here via Sarah, by the way, and loving it. If you click on my name below, it will take you to my blog (I don't know how you feel about profanity; if you don't like it, perhaps you shouldn't visit, after all). I am privileged to know your lovely niece in real life and you must be good people if you're related. Welcome to your new addiction. :)

Bebe said...

Well thank you Coral, recipe to follow. My first name is BB, but you can call me Bebe, btimes2 or Bsquare. (It's actually Barbara, but only when spoken- never written.)
To Catherine: what a lovely way to say I'm old, but cool.
I feel quite strongly about profanity, as a matter of fact. It better be spelled correctly, goddamn it!