Monday, June 16, 2008

Of mice and nose

I'm a perfect candidate for sinus surgery, thinks the ENT, which I knew damn well as I was sailing up the river Denial. I've recently been antibiotic'd, scanned, tested, scoped allergy-injected, and probed to within an inch of my life. I've had chronic sinusitis forever and I've been putting this off for years. Deviated septum, polyps, alien invasion, gawd knows what's going on in there, but I did catch the words " bone and tissue" and "removed". I have constant head aches, post-nasal drip, runny nose, congestion and no sense of smell or taste. My sinuses need a conduit in which to drain. See my swollen poor, pathetic face?

But how cute is Steve?
I'm a really lousy photographer, I don't know how to see through a camera and
can't capture my garden. I never get the colors right outdoors- this poppy is actually redder. My garden is greener with magenta rose campion, bright yellow evening primrose, purple salvia and pink wild geranium. What to do?

The slugs got half the strawberries but I got about a pint, not bad.

There were no reported mouse or more importantly, poopie sightings until yesterday when I saw when one go scurrying under the stove where there is an inaccessible hole for the gas connection.
I blame my brother, we were on the phone at the time.
It's really Caramel's fault, she let her dog food sit around too long enticing mousies from I believe, my neighbors to south, one of whom collects and stores cans and bottles in the basement. Charming.
Carmie now has a cotton ball with peppermint oil near her bowl.
And mousetraps on the perimeter!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.I check for you all the time. Your garden is gorgeous. I am just trying to rescue whoever lived thru 1 1/2 years of neglect while I was babysitting. I have located the book at Gina's and will get it as soon as I have a car to drive. [Mine still in the shop...again]My poor dog almost didn't make it this time.She was throwing up for three days then didn't eat for two and could barely walk.Yesterday we hand fed her some small scraps of chicken.Today she finally could walk around the block and is eating a small amount on her own. Poor 12 year old doggie!!I knew she was on the upswing when she took a short chase to a racoon in the backyard. I love you. So are you having surgery?I find out the results from the liver biopsy in a few days.It's freezing here again.We need a sweater during the day!!Witch of the West

Anonymous said...

Well I can't belive it is only four days later. We have had such an intensive heat spell peole are dropping like flies. I am in my house with the air-conditioner.How hot is it you ask???I took the dog down to the beach and before I got to the sand the dog had run back up to me screaming and throwing hereself on her back. I was so freaked I said to Rosalie "What's happening ??? Is she having a stoke or something/" The sand was so hot it burnt Micky's paws in just a short time!!! Poor little doggie. I love you all. I got my results. Their good!! Witcy Woman