Friday, June 08, 2007

I got a laptop!

Me, the technophobe! It's fabulous to be portable! I'm sitting in my Lala, waiting for my Yaya. (Fats Domino?) Actually, I'm sitting on the porch ( with my constant companion, the magnificent Caramel) waiting for Steve. His company has summer hours and he works a 1/2 day on Friday so we have a standing lunch date. Today we will also go looking at nurseries as I have a longing for some new plants for porch and garden. I want some vines, some drought resistant perennials and a maybe a few annuals. (No, "Yaya" was Lee Dorsey, 1961- great song!)
I am waging my periodic moratorium on reading the news section of the paper, it's too depressing. Immigration, stem cell, Iraq, The Middle East, Don't ask-don't tell. The administration is stupid and corrupt and the New Congress disappointing. Feh!
Here is the Quote of the day: (according to my new homepage)

I got kicked out of ballet class because I pulled a groin muscle. It wasn't mine.
- Rita Rudner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey BB I am so excited about seeing you that I can hardly stand it. Cousin did call me right after we spoke and has demanded a night of me sleeping at her house. I don't have to tell you what I think about that but I don't have to worry about her reading your blog anyway...right? So I will have a sleepover with my two darling women on sat and then a night at Cousins on sun. and come swiftly back to your house on monday morning when Couz goes to work. Hopefully going with you and the sweet little Caramel to the kool cappucino /Israeli place [only in New York!!]
We had a meeting [the fourth] of "The Riverhood Tarts" last nite at my house and it was great fun. These are adventurous women...we already have a block party planned for the 14th of July.
Baby is now coming over my house every day and that means an extra hour of sleep.What a cutie!!! He is mere days away from crawling.
I love you to itty bitty pieces!!!Take good care of yourself and the little Caramel. Rest up so we can run around like crazy when I get there.Kisses! M