Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Caramel and I get good test results

Caramel is in the hospital, she had her heart sonogram yesterday and they found fewer heartworms then they expected which very encouraging. She had her first treatment, an chemo-like arsenic-derivative injection. Hopefully, things went well and she will return home tonight. She will need a month of restricted activity then another overnight treatment followed by another quiet month. The poison will kill the heartworms but until they are eliminated from her system they can form lethal clots in her heart and lungs which is why she needs to avoid any exertion. Oi, I'm very nervous! Every time we, or anyone enters the house she gets very excited which leads to coughing which can be dangerous.
I'm wondering how I will keep her calm (she's so enthusiastic!) and stop her from following me around the house and up and down the stairs. For 2 months!
Well, I had my colonoscopy last Wed and apparently, they liked what they saw.(!) It wasn't bad at all although like the last one, I had gas for 5 days afterwards. Quite possibly because of the twistiness of my kishkes. Also, my chest Pet scan looks good. And, I finally got my CPAP machine last Thursday. It will take a while to get used to the nasal-pillow thing but the moist, cool air is already helping my breathing.
I'm glad I'm not a judge on DWTS- I'd have a hard choice between Laila and Joey. Apolo is adorable and talented but, not enough. And poor Ian has to go.
Dr Moorehead, the Vet just called and said that Carrie did well and can come home tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you not borrow one of those child gates for the bottom of the stairs?

Bebe said...

I actually did that. Carrie can push it aside or leap over it so it doesn't work .