Friday, May 12, 2006

Adding apples and insult to injury

I'm tired and stressed. I needed emergency root canal Wed.This time it was tooth#19, a live tooth and therefore much more painful. I can't chew, even today. It certainly is an effective way to take my mind off the pain of the dog bite which is inhibiting my ability to move shit out of the way for the contractor. Also this week, there are some ugly and duplicitous realtors we are dealing with in selling Mom's house, but we are sending them packing after much distress like losing the keys to the house. Three times! And then they asked us for money in order to be released from the contract! As if. Trous des balles!
Our darling Carmelita does not do well in stormy weather. Yesterday, we went to look for windows for the new kitchen, we were gone less than an hour. There was a bowl with 4 apples on the dining room table. We came home to find two uneaten apples, upstairs on the bed and one one the couch. And a poop on the rug which is very unusual. And she doesn't even like apples! I think it was a security thing.
The buddleia and the pyracantha we transplanted into containers are dying, I don't know why. I'm late in planting my seeds and now it's supposed to rain for 40 days and 40 nights. But, all this low pressure means my sinuses are open and I can smell, even though things smell distorted, it's thrilling. Coffee, olives, laundry and ice cream! It helps to dispel my acute and pervasive grouchiness. I've been having to take my pain pills this week, which make me very tired and spacey, but thankfully I've been able to muster enough energy to be able to bitch about here cause why should I suffer in silence?
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers! It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor little Bebe! You are certainly having a rough spot!If it really rains for 40 days and I come to New York and it's raining the whole time I may go crazy.I love you

Granny said...

Good Lord what a time you've had.

Happy Mother's Day to you. I think it should count for everyone.