Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ramblin' on my mind

Do you ever feel that your life is a movie? A comic book? A stop in the Twilight Zone? This is one of those rhetorical question I love to pose; of course you have!
Yesterday during my root canal I opted for a change in the radio station instead of nitrous gas, cause bad music can exacerbate pain and adds insult to the toothy injury.The dontist, thank gods, is a blues fan so he switched to a satellite blues show. From 4:00 to 5:00 they played the Robert Johnson tune," Ramblin' on my mind" in every version and permutation possible, from Muddy to Mayall to Lucinda. A full hour!
I thought I was tripping from the novacaine. After the horrible ordeal was done, I mentioned it. Neither the dontist or the assistant heard it. Hmmm.
I am presently waiting on my bro so I must fly; we are interviewing a new broker for Mom's house. Also, I'm into the whole creating suspense thing; always leave them wanting more! Or am I mixing up politics and show business? Ha, another trick question-they are the same!!

Mi vieja; your Tex query was a valid and good one, but I forget when, why or how he became Tex. It must be a very tasteles and harrowing story but one I will pursue in my endless quest for truth, justice and the American way, as well as useless bits of trivia and a good piece of bread.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, whether your brain created it or it was real, I would REALLY like to hear all those versions of "Ramblin'" back to back.

Melissa said...

Hi Bebe,
I didn't see an email address on your site so I'll post here...Stumbled upon your site via your niece (I think) Sarah's site, which in turn I stumbled on via a woman named Cecily's site. I thought I'd "delurk" to mention that I have been coping with fibromyalgia for years (I'm 40 now) and have tried many things. In the last couple years I've tried some approaches that really helped a lot. What works for one person might not for another, but if you'd ever like to chat about fibro I'd be happy to share info. My direct email is melissabmoss@adelphia.net. I'm a native Brooklynite (Jewish too) living in PA for the last few years. NYC is still home though. Your blog gives me that great NY family vibe :-) I'm a total newbie to blogging and mine is mostly focused for now on our quest for baby #2 post-miscarriage. www.growingfamilytree.blogspot.com
My best to you,
Melissa

Bebe said...

Hey Melissa! Great to meet you, I've been hoping to run into a fibromite. I will email you.