Friday, March 31, 2006

Carmelita in the boudoir

Apologies for the lack of pix. We have had spring fever and need to be outside and sometime the Blogger, she do not upload the pix. Also, we have been working very hard on training. She's doing well on the leash, loves people and kids, not so sure about some dogs. She knows "Sit" and "come". After only four days, my Caramel is housebroken! Unfortuntely she's still a little freaked by traffic and only goes in the back yard. We will transition to the front eventually. It took ten years to get my garden together and now this interloper comes in befouling it all. And I'm not upset about it! She is the best puppy!!!!! Her favorite toy is the rawhide bones from Uncle Sid. Karma-lita! Did I mention that she purrs?
More photos to come when I feel a little better.
I've been reading the AKC book( 800 pages) and this puppy is definitely a hound mix, Love hound, I believe.


A quick non-canine anecdote:
Coming home from Philly last Sun, we stopped for dinner. Our young waiter asked if there was anything else we needed. World peace, says I.
Says he: we need to get Bush out of the White House. I reply, You youngin's need to make that happen, get those GOP's out of office. He replies, I'm a Republican and I voted for Bush, but I realize my mistake and he MUST go.
Now Andrew Card is the latest rat deserting a sinking ship.
You can't make this up.



2 comments:

Bebe said...

I have not yet learned how to transfer the pix from camera to puter.
Blame your Uncle!

JBlue said...

Interesting discussion with the waiter. Funny.