Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy 300th BF!

Yes I'm a Ben Franklin groupie. I was planning to write about the the Op-Ed piece on him in the Times which glaringly omitted the fact that he was a world-class scientist and philosopher, but I shall not due to extreme grumpiness.
Today, I was finally going to the doctor for my respiratory infection, but the gods and my right knee which buckled, said no, and I fell down the stairs instead.
(Only 2) I bashed my right knee and elbow, oddly enough the same knee and elbow I smashed last Oct( tripped in street) and the previous April (assaulted in street). I applied the Rice technique that every dancer knows: rest, ice, elevation and compression. I'm shivering but less swollen, and don't think I will ever play the violin again. Or could I before.
I must go elevate again so unfortunately the Strange and Hilarious Weekend of the Thousand Relatives cannot be recorded here now, instead I will paraphrase BF: Americans fought the war for Independence for the dignity and happiness of human nature.
I wish we could keep those words in our hearts - for every heart.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds bad, I hope you feel better.

I was looking to read about the strange and funny weekend....

Love ya,

T.

Unknown said...

Ouch! Doesn't sound good. Hope you are up & about soon. I miss your blog!

I love BF, too. What a guy. Did you know he was supposed to have been a hottie in his day? Interesting.